MAX power / German made / Walther Lothar engineer quality
950 F.P.S w/ 12.14gr H&N Baracuda pellets
Owner's Manual .PDF viewable here
The Walther MaximaThor PCP air rifle is built for hunting impact and incorporates the proven expertise of Walther's engineers. This multi-shot powerhouse delivers up to 44 foot-pounds of energy per shot in .22 caliber, at velocities of 1,260 fps (w/ allow pellets). More than enough to take care of your varmint / small game hunting needs!
The MaximaThor features a Lothar Walther barrel with 1/2x20" UNF threaded crown for adding a(n aftermarket) silencer and a borderline sealed aluminium 8-round rotary magazine that delivers pellets efficiently and smooth into the chamber. This rotary magazine is kept in place by a separate lever that actuates either direction rather crisp. This results in very precise long-range shooting with only a slight reduction in speed. The reservoir incorporates a WALTHER branded pressure gauge at its foremost, absent of the usual colourized pressure range indications and thus care must be taken to charge the rifle only up to 200 BAR of pressure (see owner's manual). There is a self-actuating safety at the rearmost of the rifle action which has its own fine tab on, that has to be depressed before one can deactivate the safety / push it forward. This needs to be repeated for each shot and adds as buffer against negligent / unintended shots. One should preferably have one's shot lined up clearly and be in the desired / comfortable shooting position prior to deactivating the safety, to take full advantage of this feature.
Featuring a synthetic stock w/ detailed sloping checkered panels; the frontal grip is indent-sloped allowing one's fingers to vertically grip the stock comfortably w/ a positive feel to their laser-cut contours. The hand-hole handle has a sloping, varying diameter, allowing those typically strong enough to lift and brandish this weighty rifle, likewise, to grip it firmly and comfortably at that.
- Precharged pneumatic (PCP)
- Bolt-action - Short stroke w/ ergonomic conical, partially rubberized knob
- 8-shot metal rotary magazine
- Rifled steel Lothar Walther barrel with 1/2" UNF threading on the muzzle. Comes prefitted w/ a muzzle break
- 2-stage adjustable match trigger
- 11mm dovetail on either side of the breach / magazine slot
- Ergonomic ambidextrous all weather synthetic stock.
- Ambidextrous cheekpiece
- 200 bar/2,900 psi max fill pressure @ 0,267L capacity
- Made in Germany
- Vibration reduction technology
- Automatic safety - added feature that it has a fine depressable safety, that has to be pressed before the safety can be actuated
- Rubber recoil pad, that baffles the slight recoil produced by this PCP especially at its higher pressure
- Built-in pressure gauge at the reservoir fore-end
- .22 cal=44 fpe / .25 cal = 51 fpe
- Velocity .22 cal = 1180 fps with lead, 1260 fps with alloy
- Includes fill probe
- Weighs in at 4.25 kg
- Length (collectively): 1052mm / Barely shy of 42"
- Barrel length: 23.75"